If you’re a dog owner, you know that fleas, ticks, and other parasites can be a major problem for your furry friend. These pesky critters can cause a range of health issues; from skin irritation to serious diseases like organ damage and heart arrest. Fortunately, parasite protection treatment makes it easy for pet parents to keep their dog protected from the harm of parasites.
These treatments will not only eliminate existing fleas and ticks from your dog’s body but also keep them protected from future infestation. Moreover, broad spectrum treatment also aids in treating and controlling internal parasites that includes several intestinal worms and even prevention of heartworm disease. With only one treatment they keep their dog protected from multiple parasites. One such effective treatment for dogs is Selehold.
This blog offers comprehensive information about Selehold, a generic alternative to the well-known multi-spectrum parasite treatment Revolution. Keep reading to gain a complete understanding of this all-in-one dog treatment.
Selehold – Broad-spectrum Treatment
Selehold is a broad spectrum treatment that is designed to protect dogs as well as cats from a range of parasites including internal and external pests. It eliminates and controls fleas, ticks, lice, ear mites and sarcoptic mange. Moreover it is useful in the treatment of adult roundworms and prevents deadly heartworm disease in dogs for 30 days.
What are the benefits of using Selehold on pets?
Selehold is a broad spectrum treatment, meaning it aids in multiple parasite protection. Following are some of the major benefits of using Selehold for your pet.
- Eliminates adult fleas and prevents flea reproduction
- Controls environmental flea infestations by breaking flea lifecycle
- Prevents heartworm disease
- Treats intestinal roundworms
- Effective against sarcoptic mange, ear mites, and biting lice
Composition & Mode of Action
Selehold contains two active ingredients: fipronil and (S)-methoprene. Fipronil disrupts the nervous system of fleas and ticks, leading to their death. (S)-methoprene is an insect growth regulator that prevents the development of flea eggs and larvae, helping to break the flea life cycle.
When applied topically, Selehold is absorbed through the skin and distributed throughout the dog’s body. This provides full-body protection against parasites.
Dosage & Administration
Selehold is available in five different pack sizes as per dog weight and size. It is important to select the correct dose to ensure that they receive the appropriate amount of treatment. Refer the table below to choose a right Selehold pack size for your dogs based on its weight and size.
Direction of Use
- To apply Selehold, part the hair between your dog’s shoulder blades.
- Apply the entire contents of the applicator directly to the skin.
- Avoid getting the treatment in your dog’s eyes or mouth, as this can cause irritation.
Precautions for Use of Selehold
While Selehold is generally safe and effective, it is important to follow the instructions carefully when using this treatment. This includes the following safety tips:
- Ensure to store the product out of the reach of children and pets
- Do not administer the product orally
- After using the product, wash your hands with soap and water
- Do not use the product on sick or weak animals
- Avoid direct contact with treated animals until the application site is dry
- Keep treated animals away from fire or other sources of ignition for at least 30 minutes or until their coat is dry
Selehold is a powerful and effective treatment for a range of parasites in dogs. Its multi-spectrum protection, long-lasting effectiveness, and easy application make it a great choice for pet owners looking to keep their furry friends parasite-free. As always, it is important to follow the instructions carefully and to consult with your veterinarian if you have any concerns about using this Treatment.