Flea and tick protection is one of the primary aspects of pet parenting. Thanks to the ever-evolving veterinary medicine, categorically, there are plenty of treatment options available; topical liquids, oral tablets and chews, sprays and whatnot. The majority of them don’t help you rid of month-by-month administration. But there is one treatment that prevents you from the worries of remembering to give flea and tick treatment to your canines every month. Yes, Seresto Collar is one of the longest-lasting formulas that protects for as long as 8 months.
This blog provides useful insights about Seresto Collar. Read through the article to learn more.
Seresto Collar – Convenient & Stress-free
Seresto Collar is an odorless, water-resistant, and non-greasy collar made to protect dogs and cats against external parasites. This easy-to-apply collar is probably the longest-lasting parasitic treatment that protects against fleas and ticks for 8 consecutive months in 7 weeks and older puppies and dogs and in 10 weeks and older kittens and cats.
This specially formulated and designed collar kills parasites through contact. As a result, your pet doesn’t have to take a bite from the insects to eliminate them. In addition, with Seresto you don’t have to deal with those messy, greasy topicals anymore.
Seresto Collar is an external parasitic treatment, meaning it protects dogs and cats against various external parasites. Here’s what it does,
- Kills and repels fleas before they can lay eggs
- Eliminates re-infesting fleas
- Kills fleas that may transmit tapeworm infections
- Aids in the control of flea larvae in the surroundings
- Kills fleas that cause flea allergy dermatitis (FAD)
- Repels and kills ticks including American dog ticks, Deer ticks, brown dog ticks, and lone star ticks
- Kills and/or repels re-infesting ticks
- Prevents tick infestations
- Kills chewing lice
- Helps in the treatment and control of Sarcoptic mange on dogs
The Powerful Formula
Seresto Collar for dogs and cats is made of a powerful formula combining two high-quality ingredients, i.e., imidacloprid and flumethrin. This combination works with an exceptional polymer matrix spreading the formula over the dog’s skin surface.
The unique polymer matrix of the collar releases the formula continuously in low concentrations. The pet’s skin and coat help the formula circulate from the pet’s head to toes protecting them for 8 consecutive months.
Imidacloprid helps in eliminating fleas and controlling flea infections, whereas flumethrin kills and repels ticks. Both these ingredients work in tandem to offer complete protection against fleas and ticks for longer periods.
Seresto Collar is the popular vet-recommended flea and tick collar that comes with standout specifications. Take a look,
Simple & convenient
Using Seresto Collar is easy and uncomplicated. All you need to do is, tie it around the pet’s neck ensuring the pet’s comfort and the collar will do the rest.
Kills & repels parasites
Seresto Collar kills and repels fleas and ticks on contact, meaning pets don’t have to take the painful bites from parasites.
Unique mode of action
Seresto uses a unique polymer matrix action mechanism and releases the formula slowly to provide lasting protection.
Protects against four tick species
The collar protects dogs and cats against American dog ticks, Deer ticks, brown dog ticks, and lone star ticks.
Compared to regular flea and tick treatments, Seresto Collar lasts for a significantly longer period, protecting for 8 months.
No smells & wet coats
The collar is composed of an odorless and non-greasy formula that saves you from smelly and greasy skin surfaces.
Stays effective in water
Seresto Collar is water-resistant. The formula doesn’t get washed away while bathing, swimming or other water plays.
The collar features light reflectors that provide added visibility in the evening and during the night.
Seresto Collar comes with wide safety margins listed-below:
- This collar is safe to use in puppies and dogs from 7 weeks of age. It can be used in 10 weeks and older kittens and cats.
- The collar is for external use only. Don’t use on animals other than dogs and cats.
- To maintain effectiveness for 8 months, not bathing dogs more than once a month is recommended.
- For dogs that swim once or more than once a month, the flea control is decreased to five months and tick control is decreased to seven months.
- When fixing the collar to dog/cat’s neck, ensure the collar is not too tight to pet’s neck. Wash hands thoroughly after fitting.
- Avoid attaching a leash to the collar.
- It’s indicated keeping collar in the bag, in the outer packaging until ready to use.
- Ensure the collar is out of children’s reach.
- Avoid collar contact with skin, eyes or clothing.
- Talk to a vet before using it on sick, aged, breeding, debilitated, pregnant and nursing pets.
- In case of any adverse reactions, consult a vet immediately.
- Dispose of used collar and collar pouch in trash.
Seresto Collar – Available Sizes
Seresto Collar is available in various sizes for both dogs and cats. Take a look,
For Dogs, there are two sizes,
Seresto Collar – The Unrivalled Flea & Tick Treatment
When you think of decent flea & tick treatment options for your pets, Seresto tops the list; convenient, trouble-free, water-resistant and pet-friendly. It protects pets from various disease-carrying bites for eight months.
What is more, by repelling and killing various tick species, the collar protects dogs and cats from Lyme disease, anaplasmosis, Rocky Mountain spotted fever, ehrlichiosis, bartonellosis, babesiosis, cytauxzoonosis and canine hemoplasmosis. So, don’t delay, buy now and keep your pets protected for a longer period!